jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Getting multiple nodes in one call with davex?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 07:27:08 GMT
Hi

We often have to need to load completely different nodes in the same
"request", with different structures and maybe even different nodetypes.
Currently, we have to get this all with many eg. Session.getNode(path)
requests. As we use davex to speak to Jackrabbit, this adds considerable
overhead, since we have to do a http request for each node.

What would be great now is if we could get all those nodes in one http
call. something like Session.getNodes(string[] path). I know it's not in
the specs, but is there a way to do something like that in the lower
levels of davex/http-remoting? If not, how hard would it be to implement
that and how should we do that?

And: Would Session.getNodes() be a good addition to the specs? Could be
useful for others as well.

chregu

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60