jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with downloading files via WEBDAV
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 08:33:43 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Johnny Wan <Johnny.Wan@asggroup.com.au> wrote:
> Well, I saw the example for uploading files using the PutMethod, but I didn't find any
> equivalent sample for downloading a file. I was expecting a GetMethod to be part of
> the Jackrabbit API.

There's nothing Jackrabbit-specific about a GET request. There are
plenty of generic HTTP tools and libraries out there that you can use
to access resources over the web. If you're using Java, you can start
with the standard java.net.URL class and its openStream() method [1].
If you need more control, a good solution is the HttpClient library
from Apache HttpComponents [2].

[1] http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/URL.html#openStream()
[2] http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/index.html

BR,