jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From John Langley <langleyatw...@gmail.com>
Subject non-versioned "cruft"
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 20:37:41 GMT
We are using a jackrabbit 2.2.5 installation to store both versioned and
non-versioned files and our only production interface is via webdav.

Over time we've noticed that when we migrate a repository using the
RepositoryCopier tool that the size of the stored data drops dramatically.
In one instance it was 1/35th of the size of the un-migrated data set as
measured by doing a mysql dump of the database. Part of our migration
process is to run a comparison tool comparing the old and new repositories.
Using this interface we check every file including the versioned files so we
know that we've had a successful copy.

Consequently, our conclusion is that this "cruft" is comprised of "orphaned"
nodes that are associated with non-versioned content. Does this make sense?
If so, is there a suggested way to prune out this unused content?

Thanks in advance,

-- Langley