jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From John Langley <langleyatw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: non-versioned "cruft"
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 21:06:36 GMT
So... first off thank you so much for the pointer. It was very helpful!

Next though, I was wondering if anyone has tried to implement a scheme where
the garbage collector is running in another process?

It turns out that in our installation we run in clustered mode and it seems
as though I really ~should~ be able to define a slightly different
repository.xml that allows me to run the garbage collector as simply another
node in the cluster. The advantage is that it would let me do the garbage
collection from one server, and not do it on all the servers in the cluster
and have to worry about their synchronization and the impact that multiple
servers doing gc might have on users.

Has anyone tried this?

The problem I'm running into is that when I try and run example code that
Fabian pointed out I get a complaint during the session login about an
invalid repository configuration, my stack trace follows.

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Invalid repository configuration:
{org.apache.jackrabbit.repository.home=/root/jcr/gc_repo,
org.apache.jackrabbit.repository.conf=/root/jcr/gc_repo/repository.xml,
rep.home=/root/jcr/gc_repo}
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository$3.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:257)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:280)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:376)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.AbstractRepository.login(AbstractRepository.java:123)
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Invalid repository configuration:
{org.apache.jackrabbit.repository.home=/root/jcr/gc_repo,
org.apache.jackrabbit.repository.conf=/root/jcr/gc_repo/repository.xml,
rep.home=/root/jcr/gc_repo}
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository$3.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:257)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:280)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:376)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.AbstractRepository.login(AbstractRepository.java:123)

The very same code worked perfectly against a standalone jackrabbit I used
as an experiment.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

-- Langley