jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jürgen Baier <juerp...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: repository synchronization
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 12:21:42 GMT
Hi,

some time ago I tried something similar and used xml-export. This is
not an option for non-trivial data, since the export/import is very,
very slow (for your 500GB it would be much more than one day to export
to xml, if I remember it correctly; was something in the range of
hours/GB on my machine).

What worked with me was using the filesystem-store and copying the
whole repo-dir to the target machine. Still, I am interested in some
sync-tool, because the ability to copy just a sub-tree of the whole
repo would allow me to copy single users (their "home"-node and all
nodes below that) to another machine. Since my jackrabbit-repos run as
shared jee-resource I was thinking about a jee-solution, where I read
the nodes on the inital machine and copy them to the target machine.
But maybe I just miss a cool tool out there that already does this.

Regards,
Jürgen