jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in persisting large amount of files
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 08:28:03 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Peri Subrahmanya
<peri.subrahmanya@gmail.com> wrote:
> Although the data makes its way through to the database, I wanted to get a little bit
more
> clarity on what the above trace means and if something terribly wrong is happening under
> the covers. Please advise.

The dispatcher of observation events notices that you have a huge
number of events waiting to be delivered, and logs a warning about
this since usually this is a sign of a performance bottleneck or some
other problem in your application.

Are you saving all the 120k files as single operation? This is a
pretty heavy operation (think of storing 120k blobs to a relational
database using a single transaction), so you should consider calling
save() more often during the import.

BR,

Jukka Zitting