jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From sam lee <skyn...@gmail.com>
Subject data integrity (mix:referenceable)
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 11:48:54 GMT
Hey,

I store articles in JCR as nt:unstructured.

I need to have a list of "top 10 articles". The list is curated. The list is
archived monthly.

What's a proper way of storing "top 10 articles" ?

In relational database, I would create top_10_articles(article_id foreign
key, archive_date)  table.

I could create a node,  /content/2011/05/top_10_articles, that has child
nodes that are mix:referenceables referencing actual article
 (/content/article/foo/bar). Would mix:referenceable keep my data
consistent? For example, removing /content/article/foo/bar should delete the
child node under top_10_articles. Also, modification of
/content/article/foo/bar should be reflected on the child node of
top_10_articles.

Or, should I just put  isTopArticle boolean in every article and query for
articles that has isTopArticle  (and filter out matching date range for
monthly archive)?