jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ashok <ashok...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help regarding purging Jackrabbit tables:
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 04:57:12 GMT
Hi,

We are using JackRabbit 2.0.

We are currently testing Jackrabbit in clustering setup. We have 2 servers
with Jackrabbit installed and we are storing all the datas in 1 database.

We observed that {Clustering_prefix}_journal and {Workspace_prefix}_bundle
table are growing very significantly. Is there any documented way for
purging these tables? We saw some responses for purging of
{Clustering_prefix}_journal tables stating

 "old journal entries may be removed as follows: after having verified that
every node in the cluster has read all  outstanding changes"

How can we verify that every node in the cluster has read all outstanding
changes programatically? We went through
"DatabaseJournal.RevisionTableJanitor" cleanUpOldRevisions(). Can we use
this? If so, how can we purge {Workspace_prefix}_bundle table?

Any pointers will be of great help.

--
Cheers,
Ashok