jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject search queries and caching
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 09:27:19 GMT
Hi,

I didnt find a good answer with some searching, my question is how search queries (SQL2, XPath,
OQM) relate to the Jackrabbit cache infrastructure.

Am I understanding things properly that the searches themselves are not cached by Jackrabbit,
they are just send to Lucene which does its own caching? However when the search results are
then "enriched" with the actual JCR nodes, Jackrabbit will use the cache to find the nodes.
In other words Jackrabbit only has a node cache, which is used when iterating over the Lucene
search results by Jackrabbit before returning the result set to the client.

Also what algorithm is used to determine what nodes should be removed from the cache if the
maximum cache size is reached?

Finally what kind of cache size do people use in production?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org