jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Using rescrictions in Principal based ACL
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 14:23:09 GMT

On 5/31/11 3:53 PM, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> I updated http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/AccessControl a bit (wanted to
> finish that for a long time...). Please correct any mistakes I might have
> made.

One thing that I just happen to see without having a careful look at it:

I would rather use the PrincipalManager for examples as this clarifies
the relation between principals and access control. Retrieving the
Principal from a given User object is of course valid... but in order
to have a generic example it is important IMO to clarify that User
Management isn't prerequisite for access control at all. Similarly
an ACE might be defined for a Principal that isn't known as User to
the repository but just exposed by the PrincipalManager (by means of
a custom PrincipalProvider).

regards
angela