jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: remove existing namespace
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 13:46:35 GMT
hi david

> i noticed that the jcr remoting applet of jackrabbit does not support
> the unregisterNamespace method. next thing i tried is the jackrabbit
> - --cli option, but again i only see the registernamespace operation.
>
> is there a way to remove an existing namespace? or to correct a wrong
> namespace?

while the jcr-remoting supports unregistration of namespaces, i think
this doesn't work due to a limitation in jackrabbit-core, which doesn't
support unregistration of namespaces:

the API method implementation in
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NamespaceRegistryImpl#unregisterNamespace
states:

/**
  * as we can't guarantee that there are no references to the specified
  * namespace (in names of nodes/properties/node types etc.) we simply
  * don't allow it.
  */

regards
angela

> but this way, the wrong namespace with a dummy mapping will stay in my
> repository forwever... can i get rid of it?

you could modify the corresponding ns*.properties file if you are
really sure that you know what you are doing... but this is obviously
not recommended for the same reasons mentioned in the code.