jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dusausoy <bruno.dusau...@yp5.be>
Subject schemaCheckEnabled in DbFileSystem
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 11:43:52 GMT
Hi,

I have a NullPointerException when I try to start Jackrabbit with a
DbFileSystem using MySql as RDBMS :

03-mai-2011 13:36:04 org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem
init
SEVERE: failed to initialize file system
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:55)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.db.CheckSchemaOperation.run(CheckSchemaOperation.java:80)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.init(DatabaseFileSystem.java:197)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser$6.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfigurationParser.java:1057)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfig.java:911)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:285)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:605)

When searching a bit, indeed, the "ddl" field of the
CheckSchemaOperation class is null.
When searching further I've noticed that

// check if schema objects exist and create them if necessary
if (isSchemaCheckEnabled()) {
     createCheckSchemaOperation().run();
}

in the init() method of the DatabaseFileSystem class.
schemaCheckEnabled is true by default.

I've tried to turn it off but failed.

So, two questions in one here : should I let it turned on ? If yes, how
can I get rid of this npe ? If no, how can I turn it off properly ?

Thanks.

Regards.
--
Bruno Dusausoy