jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Scalable, failsafe and distributed Jackrabbit setup?
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 14:54:50 GMT

On 16.11.2010, at 19:26, Michael Wechner wrote:

> On 11/16/10 6:56 AM, Christian Stocker wrote:
>> So what do you think? Is my approach feasible? Am I overthinking it and
>> the first approach is by far good enough? I don't say, that I need the
>> full setup yet, I just don't want to get into trouble later, when we
>> actually would need it and have to refactor a lot.
> I understand your concerns, but as long as your CMF instances are using the API
> consistently you shouldn't have to worry much about refactoring at some later stage,
> whereas this doesn't mean that you don't have to exchange your persistence implementation
> at some later stage and hence I would suggest that you assume from the very beginning
that you will have
> to migrate your data from one implementation into another one.
> Re the actual persistence implementation I don't think there is a one-fits-all solution,
> but rather it depends on what kind of data you are dealing with and what kind of queries
> you want to make and as you are pointing out write versus read access, whereas with
> webapps becoming more interactive I think that write access becomes much more important
> than today and hence its important to keep this mind re your setup.

One of the things we are looking to do here is to use this setup to have a spare slave with
jackrabbit running on some small machine, so that in case our data center disappears forcing
a rebuild we already have a clone able [1] setup ready. One thing we want to ensure is that
this clone is consistent.

I have only found docs for CRX on this, but it seems to also work with a stock Jackrabbit
to do Lucene index checks on startup:

I wonder if there is already some way to trigger these checks on a running Jackrabbit?

Lukas Kahwe Smith

[1] http://blog.liip.ch/archive/2011/05/10/add-new-instances-to-your-jackrabbit-cluster-the-non-time-consuming-way.html

View raw message