jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Reference Lookup
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 22:14:43 GMT

Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> i can't follow you here.
>
> forward lookup => referenceProperty.getNode()
>
> the internal value of a refererence property *is* the unique identifier of
> the target node, i.e. the target node is *directly* accessed using its
> unique identifier.

When I look at blob column of a row in REFS table there are miltiple of
following entries in it:

K64605997-e298-4334-a03e-673fc1de0911/{http://www.abc.com}resinforef

where "64605997-e298-4334-a03e-673fc1de0911" is the node id of referencing
node and and "{http://www.abc.com}resinforef" is the name of property that
references target node.

But when I look at the blob of referencing node, I don't see any node id in
it, which lets me think that referencing node is not keeping target node's
id.

so I am under the impression that on the referencing node when you say
"referencingNode.getProperty("property_name").getNode()"...jackrabbit goes
thru all REFS records to find referencing node id (in blob) to know which
target node we are intrested in.

All this thought b/c I don't see target node id in referencing node's blob.
If referencing node keeps target node's id then why is it not in blob of
referencing node? and where is it stored?

Hope I make sense this time.

Thanks,
KS.