jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Reference Lookup
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 01:55:17 GMT
Hi,

I am using reference type property in one of the nodes, and noticed that
referenced node id along with all it's references (in blob) is stored in
${schemaObjectPrefix}REFS table (I am using bundle persistance manager for
oracle).

I don't see pointer to referenced node in the blob of referencing node.

Does that mean that while getting referenced node from referencing node
(using node.getProperty(...) method) uses reverse lookup? If that is the
case wouldn't it perform extreamly poorly when there are millions of rows in
${schemaObjectPrefix}REFS table each referenced by 100 of nodes? Since in
reverse lookup jackrabbit will have to triverse all rows in
${schemaObjectPrefix}REFS table to find referencing node id in each row's
blob.

Am I missing something?

Please elaborate.

Thanks,