jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: How to mix structured and unstructured content on a node?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 13:24:04 GMT
On 04.04.11 15:16, "Markus Joschko" <markus.joschko@gmail.com> wrote:
>When the name is the id I would have expected jcr to check against the
>definition, notice that the more specific defintion
>of the property does not match the input and throw an error.
>
>Otherwise nt:unstructured is kind of dangerous as it silently swallows
>everything thrown at it.

The idea is that once you introduce a residual property or child node
definition, you make it "unstructured", including descendant node types.

IIUC the JCR node typing is in general not allowing to put on more
constraints on a sub node type - which is in line with how OO in most
languages work. Otherwise finding e.g. all "nt:unstructured" nodes in the
repo, but then not being allowed to change properties freely, because some
of the nodes are of a sub-type with more restrictions, would defeat the
purpose of the inheritance model.

Regards,
Alex

--