jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit bug or intended behaviour?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 20:46:49 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Jackrabbit 2.2.5 and am experiencing the following issue:

User U1 stores a file (nt:file) creating a new revision (1.0)

The revision history node corresponding to revision 1.0 has the
jcr:lastModifiedBy propery correctly set to user U1, so far, so good

User U2 stores the same file, creating a new revision (1.1)

This time the revision history node corresponding to revision 1.1 has
the jcr:lastModifiedBy property set to user U1, instead of the
expected U2 (it's a different user the one creating the new revision).

The jcr:lastModifiedBy property of all subsequent (1.2, 1.3, 1.4, ...)
revisions are always set to U1 (the creator of the 1st revision), no
matter which user stores the file.

I expect each revision to have jcr:lastModifiedBy set to the user
owning the R/W session when storing the file, not to the creator of
the 1st revision.

Are my expectations wrong? Bug or feature? (If it's a feature, what
should I do before/after creating the revision to have
jcr:lastModifiedBy properly set on each revision?)

If you need more details, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer