jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Markus Joschko <markus.josc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to mix structured and unstructured content on a node?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:18:02 GMT
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Stefan Guggisberg
<stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Markus Joschko <markus.joschko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a node that should mix free and and fixed properties.
>> For that purpose I created the following nodetype (leaving out the namespace):
>>
>> [Contact]  >  nt:unstructured, mix:created, mix:lastModified
>>   - primaryContactDetails (weakreference)
>>
>> [Individual] > Contact
>>

>> When I create a node of type Individual and set the
>> primaryContactDetails property to another referencable node,  it gets
>> the typ "reference".
>> Asked for its required type the property returns "undefined" and as
>> the DeclaringNodeType it returns "nt:unstructured".
>>
>> When I remove "nt:unstructured" from the inheritance list, I get the
>> desired "weakreference" and Contact as DeclaringNodeType.
>>
>> Obviously "nt:unstructure" takes precedence over the defined
>> properties.
>
> no, named definitions should take precedence over residual definitions.
> weak reference were introduced in jsr-283 (jcr 2.0). you probably
> encountered a problem that is specific to weakreferences.

I did some more tests:
1) when using a defined name with the defined type -> the correct
nodetype is used
2) when using a residual name -> nt:unstructured is taken as declaring nodetype
3) when using a defined name but a type that is incompatible with the
defintion -> nt:unstructured is used as declaring nodetype

Is 3) really a valid behaviour? I would expect this to fail.
That's not only for weakreferences but for all types I tested. It is
especially easy to notice with weakreferences as
I can only pass a node to the setProperty method and must rely on
jackrabbit to set the correct type.