jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Is it planned to use Lucene to sort query results?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:24:34 GMT
Hello Robert,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Seidel. Robert <Robert.Seidel@aeb.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we use 2.2.1 and I do write about normal SQL2 queries with "order" expression like
>
> queryManager.createQuery("SELECT * FROM [aeb:unstructured] AS RESULT WHERE LOWER([objectType])
LIKE 'country%' ORDER BY [STORAGE_ORDER_NUMBER] DESC", Query.JCR_SQL2);
> QueryResult result = q.execute;
>
> The execute leads to QueryEngine>execute which calls QueryEngine>sort which uses
Collections.sort, retrieving all result nodes from the database to be able to compare them
(resulting in slow performance, huge memory consumption).

I am not sure about SQL2, and knew it did have quite bad performance.
I am not sure since which version of Jackrabbit this is improved? Any
one?

Either way, if you can use XPATH or SQL, the sorting it done by Lucene

Regards Ard

> If you look deeper into the code, you will come to LuceneQueryFactory>execute and
JackrabbitIndexSearcher>evaluate using a new instance of Sort() - that would have been
the Lucene sort.

> Kindly regards, Robert

and you are only interested in the 10 oldest ones.

--
Hippo