jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject DataStore files not removed when content is removed
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:03:11 GMT
Hello,

while doing some tests yesterday I've noticed the following
(unexpected) behaviour with JackRabbit 2.2.5 (probably 1.6.x behaves
the same):

I have a repository with lots of data (mostly files and folders), the
on-disk repository folder takes 10GB.

I remove most of the data with standard JCR APIs, the on-disk
repository folder still takes 10GB.

I use the backup feature of the jackrabbit-standalone-2.2.5.jar
(slightly modified by me to include the H2 jar files, because I use H2
as storage backend) to copy the 10GB repo folder on a new folder, the
on-disk copied repository folder with the data left after removal on
the original repo takes (the expected) 1GB.

Why isn't the datastore removing the files belonging to the removed
data (I use the standard repository.xml configuration file, just
replacing Derby by H2)?

Hope to have been clear enough, waiting for an answer, thanks in advance.

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer