jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject CFP ApacheCon 2011 and Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:14:55 GMT

Hi guys,

I would like to submit today a paper for the ApacheCon 2011 about our experience on integrating
Jackrabbit as a central part of our product. The main idea to talk about the reasons of adopting
Jackrabbit as an core part any web solution, the advantages/disadvantages, give some feedback
about how things played out in our case from both from a technical and project management
point of view, and of course talk a little about the future of Jackrabbit, also in regards
to other technologies such as CMIS and the new WCM/WEM OASIS proposal. I would also take the
opportunity to share our overall experience of working with Apache projects, as well as talking
about how we see our continued involvement, the pitfalls we have experienced, and the lessons
we learned.

The title of this presentation would be "Integrating Jackrabbit : why, how and what's next",
and the abstract would be something like this : "Recently, a lot of controversy has arisen
about the benefits of technologies such as the JCR. In this presentation we talk about why
and how selecting Jackrabbit as a core technology makes sense, what other alternatives were
tried before, how the experience has been, performance, what the future looks like and how
it measures compared to alternatives".

It is my hope that this presentation will help people see all the value in Jackrabbit that
it deserves, as I believe it is a project that has achieved a lot in a very short amount of
time.

I welcome any feedback, experience and suggestions you might have, even if negative :) I also
would love any references you can give me about Jackrabbit 3, as I must say I am a bit behind
on the discussions about the new architecture.

Best regards,
 Serge Huber.