jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: CFP ApacheCon 2011 and Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:49:02 GMT
On 4/29/11 10:35 AM, Serge Huber wrote:
> On 29 avr. 2011, at 10:31, Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> On 4/29/11 10:14 AM, Serge Huber wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I would like to submit today a paper for the ApacheCon 2011 about our experience
on integrating Jackrabbit as a central part of our product. The main idea to talk about the
reasons of adopting Jackrabbit as an core part any web solution, the advantages/disadvantages,
give some feedback about how things played out in our case from both from a technical and
project management point of view, and of course talk a little about the future of Jackrabbit,
also in regards to other technologies such as CMIS and the new WCM/WEM OASIS proposal. I would
also take the opportunity to share our overall experience of working with Apache projects,
as well as talking about how we see our continued involvement, the pitfalls we have experienced,
and the lessons we learned.
>> sounds good
>>> The title of this presentation would be "Integrating Jackrabbit : why, how and
what's next", and the abstract would be something like this : "Recently, a lot of controversy
has arisen about the benefits of technologies such as the JCR.
>> what kind of controversy?
> I was thinking about the whole JCR is dead stuff that was going on last month.

I guess you mean articles like

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/is-jcr-dead-009676.php

?

Maybe the following blog post from PHP land

http://pooteeweet.org/blog/1898

can help you.

Cheers

Michael