jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Add new nodes to a cluster
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:20:36 GMT
Hi

We're currently building a jackrabbit setup with quite some new content
every day. We also want to use clustering and beeing able to add new
instances should the need arise. Reading
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering that seems to be not that
easy (adding a completely new instance) without having to replay the
whole journal from the beginning (which can take ages, of course).

Is there an easy, recommended way to add new instances without having to
replay the whole journal? In the "Janitor" section, there's the remark

"If the janitor is enabled then you loose the possibility to easily add
cluster nodes. (It is still possible but takes detailed knowledge of
Jackrabbit.)"

Is this still the case? What "Detailed knowledge" do we need, to just
"clone" a running instance and add that to the cluster?

(using the janitor would certainly make sense in our use case)

Any hint is very appreciated

christian

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60