jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.frantz...@aperto.de>
Subject Cluster: is journal written transactionally?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 11:26:08 GMT
Hi,

currently it seems to me that in a Jackrabbit 1.6.2 cluster configured
with a BundleDbPersistenceManager and a DatabaseJournal , the journal is
not written within the same transaction as the actual content.

I'm not sure whichever is written first, content or journal, but either
way this would result in problems when there is a failure inbetween.
Either there is content written without a journal entry, or there is a
journal entry without content written.

Maybe somebody could shed some light on whether a Jackrabbit cluster
will be able to recover from such a situation?

Thanks for any insights,
Jörg

--
*Dipl. inf. Jörg von Frantzius, System Architect*

Email mailto:joerg.frantzius@aperto.de
Phone +49 30 283921-318
Fax +49 30 283921-29

Aperto AG - In der Pianofabrik
Chausseestraße 5, D-10115 Berlin-Mitte
http://www.aperto.de
http://www.facebook.com/aperto
https://www.xing.com/companies/apertoag

HRB 77049, AG Berlin Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Dirk Buddensiek (Vorsitzender), Kai Großmann, Stephan Haagen
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Moritz Pietzcker (Vorsitzender)