jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connection Refused on Windows 2000 Server...OK on Windows XP
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 23:48:55 GMT

Pontus Amberg wrote:

> There's some info about it here
> http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/RMI-problem-td523318.html

Thanks for the hints. I had slightly different issue but the hints helped.

I can login now (half the battle), but still need couple of explanations.

Host running JR (Jackrabbit) has two ip addresses, 172.16.1.xxx and
172.16.1.yyy
In remote client machine it was defined as 172.16.1.xxx, while the hosts
file on JR machine had  172.16.1.yyy for the hostname...I changed the entry
on remote client and I can login.

Question 1: Is an IP address picked by a listening port? Shouldn't it accept
connections on both IP addresses that host has?
Jukka's response in
http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/RMI-problem-td523318.html
 ("By default the RMI server binds itself just to a single IP address")
probably answers that, but just to clearify, is that IP address picked from
the hosts file? And Is there a way to bind to multiple IPs?

Question 2: Why is port that I define as "org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port"
not being used?

I found this line in log (RMIConnectorC A   ADMC0026I: The RMI Connector is
available at port 2812), while "org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port" is equal to
2800, which I set using following option in websphere console:
(Application servers > server1 > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine >
Custom Properties)

Is setting the connection port feature not available in 1.6.4? If it is not,
then how would I define a single port for RMI connections rather than using
default anonymous port, in case there is a firewall on jackrabbit host?

Does seeing this message in log (RMIConnectorC A   ADMC0026I: The RMI
Connector is available at port 2812) mean Jackrabbit is using a preset
single port and not anonymous port for RMI logins? if it is, then where is
this being set (if not thru org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port)?

Thanks,
KS.