jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Connection Refused on Windows 2000 Server...OK on Windows XP
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 23:34:37 GMT
Hi,

I have jackrabbit 1.6.4 WAR installed on windows XP. Since there is windows
firewall enabled on the machine, I had to add
"org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port=2800" to Websphere (Application servers >
server1 > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom Properties) and
had to open two ports thru windows firewall, rmi registry port (1099) and
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port (2800).
I was accessing it fine from a remote command line client and a remote web
application. Both remote command line client and remote web application
making API calls over RMI.

Then I installed Jackrabbit on one of our servers running Windows 2000
Server.
Although there is no firewall on windows 2000 server, I still added
"org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port=2800" to Websphere (Application servers >
server1 > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom Properties).
Since there is no firewall I did not open any ports anywhere on the server.

This server also runs the web application that makes API calls to Jackrabbit
over RMI. I can access jackrabbit from the web app installed on the same
machine (on a seperate server instance of the same Websphere network
deployment).
But now my remote command line client cannot login. It finds the repository
in RMI registry but when making login call it fails with this error:

org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.RemoteRepositoryException:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: csidev4; nested
exception is:
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.remoteLogin(SafeClientRepository.java:112)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.login(SafeClientRepository.java:120)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.login(SafeClientRepository.java:131)
	at JackrabbitTest2.detachContentReference(JackrabbitTest2.java:1811)
	at JackrabbitTest2.main(JackrabbitTest2.java:365)
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: csidev4;
nested exception is:
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory$1.getRemoteRepository(ClientRepositoryFactory.java:95)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.remoteLogin(SafeClientRepository.java:108)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
	at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
	... 12 more

Later I found out that there is no port 2800 in the list of "netstat -a" on
the server which leads to the questions:
1. How is my web application communicating to jackrabbit thru API over RMI
if there is no port 2800 listening?
2. Is there a default behaviour that if API calls are made from local
machine RMI is not used?

There was port 2811 in the list of "netstat -a" so I modified the property
"org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port" to 2811...Still no luck, web app is fine
but remote command line client can't login.

I also tried removing "org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.port" property since there
is no firewall and it should be ok if Jackrabbit uses anonymous port for
login...Still same result.

I am out of options to try, please help.

Thanks,
KS.