jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Problem using OPV ignore on versioned node
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:47:37 GMT
On 14.03.11 15:11, "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeorges@experian.com>
wrote:

>Thanks Alex for your reply.
>But, in fact the OPV attribute should allow to modify a such property
>without checking in the parent.
>I found an opened issue in JCR issue tracker :
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-639

I checked the JCR 2.0 spec again, and I think you are right - it is
actually quite clear: the read-only state should only apply to items with
OPV != IGNORE (Section 15.2.2,
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/15_Versioning.html#15.2.2%20Read-Only%20on
%20Check-In ).

So JCR-639 is a valid bug, I added a note.

>So unfortunately, I guess I will have to find another solution.

Yes, until the bug is fixed :-)

However, the use case seems to be very seldom (hence no real interest in
this bug AFAICS). Often you do have a versionable node that is always
checked out (and ACLs governing write access) and only checked-in +
immediately checked-out when you "create a version" in your application.
In that case you don't run into this issue, and the OPV=IGNORE children
will simply not be copied to the new version.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek