jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit & database
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 18:16:23 GMT
On 06.03.11 17:50, "Reza Aliakbari" <raliakbari@gmail.com> wrote:

>For term of flexibility here, I meant the ways we can query the model and
>think in relational model it is very flexible, but in nosql it is by the
>keys you define.(By the way I don't have much knowledge on nosqls)
>
>Unfortunately I can't find much documentations around Jackrabbit. In
>compare
>with other Apache projects it has poor documentation. I don't know how
>developers have developed nosql model in Jackrabbit. and how it fetches
>data. When for example it is lazy and when not...

The major documentation and key to understanding the overall model in JCR
is the specification itself, which is for the most part written in a very
readable manner:

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/index.html
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr283/index.html (pdf
download)

A good start is chapter 3 - Repository model:
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html

And for content modeling principles, "David's model" contains the most
important things, especially if you come from a RDBMS background:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel

Apart from the stuff on the homepage http://jackrabbit.apache.org , the
wiki has most documentation, see
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/FrontPage

Most importantly, http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks lists
articles etc. that give good introductions and documentations about JCR.

HTH,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek