jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeor...@experian.com>
Subject RE: Problem using OPV ignore on versioned node
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:11:32 GMT
Thanks Alex for your reply.
But, in fact the OPV attribute should allow to modify a such property
without checking in the parent.
I found an opened issue in JCR issue tracker :
So unfortunately, I guess I will have to find another solution.
Regards,

Adrien

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@adobe.com]
Sent: 14 March 2011 12:27
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem using OPV ignore on versioned node

On 14.03.11 11:00, "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeorges@experian.com>
wrote:
>[exp:baseObject] > exp:versionablecontent
>
>- ownerGuid (string) = 'test' mandatory autocreated ignore
>

>This property is well created with the default value 'test' and the
>on-parent-version is set to 5 (I think it is the IGNORE value). But
when
>I try to modify this property (setProperty) a VersionException is
>triggered (because the node is checked in).

AFAIK, the OnParentVersion only dictates what to do on versioning =
checkin of a node, if the child node or property should be copied to the
version node or not.

To modify the "head" of a versioned node (such as setting any property
on
it), the node always has to be checked out.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used
by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission.
There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through
the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian
Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between
Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure
that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised
to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark
House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration:
England and Wales. Registered number: 653331