jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeor...@experian.com>
Subject [USERs-JACKRABBIT] Problem using OPV ignore on versioned node
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:57:37 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am a new user of this mailing list.

I am working on a project where JackRabbit 2.2.1 is used.

Recently I add a problem with versionable nodes and I can't find a
solution to fix it.

I have a node which is checked-in (jcr:checkOut is false). I want to add
a property without incrementing the version of the parent node (without
checkout/checkin).

I saw in the JCR specification (jsr-283 page 299) that during a checkin
:

If a node X becomes read-only then:

*         For every permissible property P of X where the property
definition applying to P has an OPV other than IGNORE, P cannot be
added, removed or have its value changed.

*         ...

So I tried to use the OPV attribute defining my node type.

Here is an extract of my cnd file.

//The base object type : versionable and with a non versionable property

[exp:baseObject] > exp:versionablecontent

- ownerGuid (string) = 'test' mandatory autocreated ignore

This property is well created with the default value 'test' and the
on-parent-version is set to 5 (I think it is the IGNORE value). But when
I try to modify this property (setProperty) a VersionException is
triggered (because the node is checked in).

Does somebody has any idea to fix my problem, please?

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

Adrien DE GEORGES

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used
by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission.
There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through
the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian
Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between
Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure
that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised
to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark
House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration:
England and Wales. Registered number: 653331