jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Re: mysql amazon RDS configuration and clustering
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:53:56 GMT
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:27 PM, John Langley <langleyatwork@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be interested in hearing from  people been using Amazon's RDS _and_ been
> using jackrabbit clustering with it.
> I ran an experiment a week or so ago where I could consistently cause a
> mysql deadlock under load. However, my current hypothesis is that this is
> due to a mysql configuration issue (it was an innodb lock, although I don't
> have the details of it to share right now although I can tell you it was on
> an index for one of the version tables).
> So, I'd be interested in finding out if other people have done this already.
> My code base was 2.2.5 and so has many of the recent lock/deadlock fixes in
> it.

We are doing this, with Jackrabbit 1.6.3. It works mostly fine, but we
have seen some SQL Timeout exceptions, related to locking the
revisions table, when doing workspace.import of large dumps.

Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway
+ 47 22 00 84 00
Quando omni flunkus moritatus!