jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@openkm.com>
Subject Re: jcr:like on long string properties (Jackrabbit 1.6.1)
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:22:21 GMT
OK, I understand. So, the only problem are "very big words". Nice to know :)

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Jukka Zitting <jzitting@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Paco Avila asked:
>> this means that we can't index string properties bigger than
>> 255 characters, isn't it?
>
> No, just that a single token (word, number, etc.) won't be included in the index if it's
longer than that. Most normal string properties consist of many smaller tokens.

> If you do have such very long tokens and you need them to be searchable, you can configure
Jackrabbit to use a custom analyzer for such properties. See the Index Analyzers section in
[1] for more details.

--
OpenKM
http://www.openkm.com