jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Sbityakov <dsbitya...@gmail.com>
Subject Persistent Observation Listeners
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 01:18:55 GMT
Hello all. I'm having a conceptual problem with observation event mechanism.

It appears that any event listener A opened by session B will be
disconnected from the observation facility when B is closed.  This is
somewhat odd, because you add event listeners to a workspace-bound
observation manager, not to a session.  However, jackrabbit
implementation uses the observation mechanism extensively, but using
internal "system" sessions, which, I'm guessing, are never closed.

What is the best practice that you all can recommend when you need
long-running listeners without the overhead of keeping sessions
opened?  Or do we follow jackrabbit example and squirrel some sessions
away and keep them open to keep the observation events communication
flowing?
Please advise.

Thank you!