jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fernando Cabredo <fcabred...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Adding Network Place
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:02:46 GMT

Using http://servername:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.5/repository/default/ as your network place
will allow you to access the content repository via WebDAV client.

Once you have the network place created in Window, you can browse the repository in Windows

We have been using this feature since Jakarta Slide.

--- On Sun, 3/27/11, Furst, Carl <Carl.Furst@mlb.com> wrote:

From: Furst, Carl <Carl.Furst@mlb.com>
Subject: Re: Adding Network Place
To: "users@jackrabbit.apache.org" <users@jackrabbit.apache.org>
Date: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 11:41 PM

I think I'm missing something here. Why are you using an http protocol for
a network place? If you network place is localhost, it's a moot point..
Just use the path. Or use your browser.

If you are looking to parse the directory data or parse the response from
your local server. You'd have to use
java.net.URL no?

I don't think that windows shares locations via http AFAIK.

On 3/27/11 10:33 AM, "Fernando Cabredo" <fcabredoph@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I tried adding
>http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.5/repository/default/ as
>Windows Network Place in Window 7.
>However when I typed the URL above, it says that the folder you entered
>does not appear to be valid. Please choose another.
>I was not getting this before in Windows XP.
>Hope somebody will be able to help me on this. Thank you.

MLB.com: Where Baseball is Always On