jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Peter Henzler <...@scodi.ch>
Subject BundleDBPersistenceManager enough for XA transaction handling?
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:22:04 GMT
Hi

We are using Jackrabbit in a standalone environment together with the old jencks 2.1 implementation
for transactionmanager and jca support.
The jackrabbit repository must participate in XA transactions.

We are using org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.BundleDbPersistenceManager as storage.
We don't store any indexing data.
As far as I can see there is no data stored outside the database that is configured in BundleDBPersistenceManager.

And here is my question:
Do I really have to got through the JCA apdapter to have my Jackrabitt participating in XA
transactions managed by spring transactional annotations?
When all my data is written in the database through an XA aware datasource that participates
in XA transactions, would'nt in case of a rollback all my written jcr data get removed from
the database?

In this case I wouldn't need the old jencks implementation and could switch to a newer transaction
manager implementation that is working with the spring framework.

Thank you for any reply.

Best regards
Peter Henzler