jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: jcr remoting davex: register node type
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:06:40 GMT
hi david

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2454

right, that's not yet implemented.

> finding the client side of this is trivial of course. but i just spent 2
> hours trying to understand the server side code without much success. i
> am not even sure if i look in the right place.
> i tried to follow org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io.PropertyManagerImpl

rather not... i would either handle it as specialized PROPPATCH on
the workspace (similar to namespaces) or alternatively create/modify
resources that represent the nodetypes' node (somewhere underneath
jcr:system).

> it would be great if somebody could give me some pointers where to start
> this task.
> * is there a definition what xml has to be sent to the server?

no. i would suggest use any of the following:
- xml serialization as used in NodeTypesReport request(s)
- alternatively use the cnd notation (utilities present with jcr-commons
   and spi-commons)

http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc3253.html

> * where do i start on the server side? is there maybe an other example
> like registering a namespace that i can follow as a guideline?

did you take a look at WorkspaceResourceImpl.java?

regards
angela