jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tom Quellenberg <quellenb...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: organizations using Jackrabbit in production environment
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:01:31 GMT
kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com schrieb:
> Are there any organizations/companies that use jackrabbit as their
> production content management system? Can somebody name a few? and how many
> files might there be in their system?

We use JackRabbit for our Sophora CMS [1]
There are installations with more than 500.000 documents (each
consisting of multiple jcr nodes)

> And which approach is better db blob storage or file system storage and what
> are the pros/cons of each?

Normally, images are stored in db (Oracle or Mysql). Audio and video
data is stored in separate systems. Only the meta data is stored in
JackRabbit.
We prefer storing small and medium size data in the database. Thus, the
handling of the data (e.g, backup) is much easier.
The performance drawback is compensated in our system by caching outside
of Jackrabbit.

Cheers,
  Tom

[1] http://www.subshell.com/en/sophora/index.html