jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: organizations using Jackrabbit in production environment
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:21:32 GMT
Hi,

On 03/14/2011 09:10 PM, kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com wrote:
> Are there any organizations/companies that use jackrabbit as their
> production content management system? Can somebody name a few? and
> how many files might there be in their system?

All products of Day Software (now part of Adobe Systems) are based on an
extended version of Jackrabbit. See [1] for a sampling of our customers.

> And which approach is better db blob storage or file system storage
> and what are the pros/cons of each?

I would recommend using the file system data store unless you have
operational reasons (backup, fault tolerance, etc.) to use a database.
Even with the extra directory overhead mentioned by Rakesh the file
system data store notably outperforms database backends especially when
dealing with large blobs.

[1] http://www.day.com/day/en/customers.html

--
Jukka Zitting