jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: sql query issue with 2.2.4
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:36:59 GMT
Hi,

On 02/17/2011 10:04 PM, Alejandro Gomez wrote:
> javax.jcr.UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException: Unable to split a
> constraint that references both sides of a join:
> ((ISDESCENDANTNODE(projects, [/repository/projects])) AND
> (eventclassassociations.active = CAST('true' AS BOOLEAN))) OR
> (ISDESCENDANTNODE(projects, [/repository/template]))

This is a side-effect of the join query optimization work we did for
2.2. The new join engine has trouble handling OR constraints that
reference both sides of a join.

The best workaround for now is to split your query into two parts around
the OR constraints, and then merge the results in client code.

See JCR-2852 [1] for more background on this issue. I'm hoping to have a
solution ready in time for Jackrabbit 2.3.

Jukka Zitting