jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Aris Tsaklidis" <a...@kaffeeschluerfer.com>
Subject Re: 12 GB DBDataStore and Garbage Collector not deleting a single item
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:21:09 GMT
Ok. found some basic information regarding removing nodes. i guess this will do the work ocmbined
with a cron job, checking which nodes should be removed from the PM.

 thx. anyway.

 regards,

 Aris

----- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht -----
Von: Aris Tsaklidis
Gesendet: 03.03.11 10:09 Uhr
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: 12 GB DBDataStore and Garbage Collector not deleting a single item

 Hi, no we dont use versioning. I guess the main problem is that atm we dont destroy any node.
Everything is persisted and never deleted. this concept was first favoured but now troubles
us. Regards, Aris ----- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht ----- Von: Thomas Mueller Gesendet: 03.03.11
09:46 Uhr An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org Betreff: Re: 12 GB DBDataStore and Garbage Collector
not deleting a single item Hi, Do you use versioning? >everytime the GC does his work,
he >touches every single entry so the mod_date gets updated with the gc >starting time.
It seems like every item is still in use. Regards, Thomas