jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: UUID in database
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:41:03 GMT
.
Thomas Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why do you need to access the database directly instead of using the JCR
> API?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

I am using JCR API. I am accessing node by UUID.

Long story...We wanted the ability to query jackrabbit document properties
directly using sql queries so I extended jackrabbit persistence manager to
write properties in seperate tables foreign keyed by node ids.

Then we decided to just query that seperate table to get the list of
documents to show in application, since it was faster to query that seperate
table compared to going thru the API. UUID from that seperate table is used
to create URL to export document. While exporting document I make API call
to get node by UUID...at this point UUID has no hyphens.

Pls let me know if there is a builtin way to add hyphens to UUID?
And if it is ok if I add hyphens at location 8, 12, 16 and 20?

Thanks,
KS