jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject UUID in database
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:47:02 GMT
Hi,
UUID saved in database is without hyphens (-).
Actual ID looks like this B0463B61-EA6B-47FF-9664-7155AB8BB3A8
but in database it's B0463B61EA6B47FF96647155AB8BB3A8

In my application I am showing list of documents which user can click on to
get document. The url uses uuid without hyphens.
How would I convert uuid without hyphens to uuid with hyphens?
Currently I am adding hyphens at 8th, 12th, 16th and 20th location myself.
Will this work in all cases or hyphens are not always at 8th, 12th, 16th and
20th location?
Is there a method in API to convert uuid without hyphens back to uuid with
hyphens?

Thanks,
KS