jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <kazim_ss...@yahoo.com>
Subject Jackrabbit and java version incompatibility
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:08:37 GMT
I have been using jackrabbit 2.1.1 to make test cases for jackrabbit
approval...Finally approved.
Found out that our application compiles using java 1.3 and when I try to
access jackrabbit-jcr-commons-2.1.1.jar in my code I get wrong version error
while compiling our code.

What is the solution for this problem?

I tried using jackrabbit-jcr-commons-1.6.4.jar which seems java 1.3
compatible but it does not have the class I've been using
(org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.JcrUtils) to get Repository.

As a workaround I got jdk 1.3 compatible jackrabbit-jcr-rmi
(jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-1.5.0.jar) and now use following code to get repository:
ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
Repository repository =
factory.getRepository("rmi://"+host+":"+port+"/jackrabbit.repository");

It compiles now.

What is the difference b/w above code and the method I used earlier in
testing (JcrUtils.getRepository(....))?

Also Can I use java 1.3 compatible jars in my project but still have
jackrabbit 2.1.1 instance as a repository? Will there is any version
incompatibilities if I do so? Or should I get "Apache Jackrabbit 1.6.4"
instead of version 2.1.1?

Thanks,
KS