jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From RB45F <rlb.so...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j config broken after upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.2.4
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:26:37 GMT
I just upgraded from jackrabbit 2.1.1 to 2.2.4 and everything works properly
except the log4j configuration.

All I want to do is send jackrabbit log messages to a dedicated log file. I
use log4j.xml to create an appender (name="error") linked to a local file,
and also redirect info messages in the root logger here. I store the
log4j.xml in the root of the src folder in Eclipse - this technique used to
work for both a web application and desktop swing app, but neither work
properly now.

Now I suspect the log4j.xml is not being referenced at all. I am seeing INFO
messages and a ton of DEBUG messages written to the console which didn't
happen before. Since I didn't have to deal with debug messages before their
presence now is also a new development.

Has anything changed between these 2 releases that may account for this? I
have searched this forum and elsewhere but have come up empty.

Alternatively is there a better way to setup what I want? I want to stay as
close as possible to jackrabbit's default / preferred approach.

Thanks in advance for any help.