jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "GOODWIN, MATTHEW (ATTCORP)" <mg0...@att.com>
Subject RE: same name sibling issuesq
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:32:21 GMT
I believe we experienced the same issue (in the moveFrom for a node) and
filed a bug.  Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2891

This bug has been scheduled for 2.2.5 but I haven't heard when 2.2.5 is
going to be released.

-----Original Message-----
From: ChadDavis [mailto:chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 1:02 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: same name sibling issuesq

> the following logic applies:
>
> - find a matching 'named' child node definition (both name and
required
> type
>  constraints must be satisfied)
> - if none exists, the first residual child node definition that
satisfies
>  the required type constraint is chosen. the order of evaluation is
>  undefined.

Just to clarify.  Are you saying that if two residual child node
definitions
are inherited from supertypes, then it's undefined which one get's
applied?
 Undefined in the specification, correct?

> see o.a.j.core.nodetype.EffectiveNodeType#getApplicableChildNodeDef
> for the implementation.

And, here, you are referring me to see the actual jackrabbit
implementation
so I can peruse the logic myself, correct?  Thanks.  This is precisely
what
I need.

At this point, I'm fairly certain that I witnessed erratic behavior in
Jackrabbit's evaluation of which rule to apply . . . I don't want to
file a
super vague ticket for this, as I know that vague tickets are annoying
-- I
see plenty of them myself, but I may not get time to investigate further
. .
. what do you recommend, should I file a ticket just so it's on record,
or
no?

> WRT your use case i'd suggest to add residual property and child node
> definitions to me:folder and remove the nt:unstructured supertype.

Yes, I did something like this already.  I defined my own "unstructured"
type and let my types inherit from that, thus taking all SNS out of the
inheritance hierarchy.