jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Storing latin characters on repository: bad results!
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:30:41 GMT
On 16.02.11 20:42, "ttemprano" <ttemprano@Toyota.com.ve> wrote:
>The problem arises when saving information to the repository with latin
>"special" characters like ñ and tildes: á é í ó ú.
>Preferably, the category name should be the node path. Lets say I create a
>fictional category called "ácéntós y eñe".
>
>I create the node and save... So far so good, however, when I retrieve the
>path with node.getPath() I get this: /ácéntós y eñe

JCR node and property names are defined [0] to consist of

ValidChar ::= XmlChar – InvalidChar

InvalidChar ::= '/' | ':' | '[' | ']' | '|' | '*'

and XmlChar is defined by the xml spec [1] to be "any Unicode character,
excluding the surrogate blocks, FFFE, and FFFF." [2].

So the problem happens most likely when you actually print out the path to
the console or log, which is not utf-8. (loggers or log files are
typically not utf-8 by default in my experience).

[0]
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#3.2.2%20Local%20Na
mes
[1] this is required because of the jcr to xml document/sysview mapping
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#NT-Char

Regards,
Alex

--