jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Backup strategy
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:15:04 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

>I would like to know how files in file data store are going to react in
>these cases :
>- If a user deletes a document during the data store backup process, do I
>need to move the file node to a temporary trash node make sure it is not
>removed from the data store?

Only the data store garbage collection removed files from the data store.

>- If a user adds a document during the data store backup process, may it
>create problems when we try to recover from a backup?

It depends on when you backup the data store. An easy solution is to
backup the data store after backing up everything else. Because only the
data store garbage collection removed files from the data store, this is
safe.

Regards,
Thomas