jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Disable lucene in jackrabbit
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:39:09 GMT
On 14.02.11 20:37, "John Tranier" <tranier@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I had the same experience : comment out the searchIndex section leads to
>errors in the log.
>I asked about it on the list, and I've been told the kernel uses the
>searchIndex to support its internal queries.
>So I'm a bit confused about the last update of documentation.

>>with SearchIndex commented out I've found you get the following logged
>> as "ERROR" when logging in:
>>
>> ERROR [main] [14 Feb 2011 15:40:58,693
>>
>>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.user.AuthorizableImpl:getMembershipRe
>>ferences@371]:
>> Failed to retrieve membership references of User 'admin'.
>> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to retrieve WEAKREFERENCE
>> properties that refer to 21232f29-7a57-35a7-8389-4a0e4a801fc3
>>     at
>>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getWeakReferences(NodeImpl.java:3461)

Yes, AFAIK this is the only place where the repository itself uses the
search index. This was the "simplest" solution to implement the
WEAKREFERENCEs in JCR 2.0 - in Jackrabbit 1.x you could disable the search
index w/o problems.

I think the idea is to get rid of this search index dependency, but I
don't know if there is a solution yet. And this weakreference itself is
"only" coming in through the default security implementation, however I
think in most cases it's quite useful ;-)

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek