jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Indexing in a separate thread on startup
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:59:36 GMT
On 14.02.11 16:47, "Erik Froese" <erik@hallwaytech.com> wrote:
>Is there a way to configure the Lucene that comes with Jackrabbit so
>that it creates the initial indexes in a separate thread when starting
>up?

AFAIK no. I think this is because the JCR spec requires that the index for
queries is up-to-date upon a save() (and thus also on restart).

But if the repository is empty, this should be very quick. If you start
with a copy of an existing (larger) repository, you can copy the search
index as well, so the lucene index isn't recreated from the repo upon
start.

>I tried copying the index files from install to install but jackrabbit
>complains that the default workspace directory exists already.
>
>14.02.2011 10:46:05.964 *ERROR* [Repository Pinger]
>org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server acquireRepository: Repository
>problem starting repository from
>file:/PATH/TO/sling/jackrabbit/repository.xml in
>/PATH/TO/sling/jackrabbit
>(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Workspace
>directory already exists: default)
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Workspace
>directory already exists: default

I don't know how this issue comes up, but copying over should be possible.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek