jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: How Does Jack Rabbit Generate Its UUID
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:32:07 GMT
On 09.02.11 15:25, "Carlo Camerino" <carlo.camerino@gmail.com> wrote:

>is there anyway that I could relate this UUID to the filename?
>how does jackrabbit compute what file name to fetch  based on the UUID
>attribute ?

Why do you want to do that?

The generation of the UUID is implementation specific. You can get it with
getUUID() (for mix:referenceable nodes) or with getIdentifier() (in JCR
2.0). But in most cases when you model content or use the JCR API you want
to use paths instead of UUIDs:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel#Rule_.237:_ID.27s_are_evil.

And how nodes and properties are stored on the file system is an
implementation detail of the persistence manager. You should use the JCR
API to access things, just as you don't access the database files of a
RDBMS.

Regards,
Alex

--